Strange Facts That You Probably Don’t Know!!
1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3. The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
4. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
5. The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.6. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
7. There are more chickens than people in the world.
8. Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
9. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
10. On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament Building is an American flag.
11. All of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20.
12. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
13. “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt.”
14. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
15. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
16. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
17. Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
18. There are only four words in the English language which end in “-dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
19. Los Angeles’s full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”-and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: “L.A.”
20. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
21. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
22. Tigers have stripped skin, not just stripped fur.
23. In most advertisements, including newspapers,the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
24. Al Capone’s business card said he was a usedfurniture dealer.
25. The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
26. When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home, the stadium becomes the state’s third largest city.
27. The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “Its A Wonderful Life.”
28. A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
29. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
30. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
31. On an American one dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper left hand corner of the “1? encased in the “shield” and a spider hidden in the front upper right-hand corner.
32. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON’T try this at home!)
33. The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
34. Who’s that playing the piano on the “Mad About You” theme? Paul Reiser himself.
35. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
36. The name for Oz in the “Wizard of Oz” was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence “Oz”
37. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
38. Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
39. John Lennon’s first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
40. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball
41. Every day more money is printed for Monopoloy than the US Treasury.
42. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
43. Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
44. Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
45. Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class: $40,000
46. City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita: Hong Kong.
47. State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
48. Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%.
49. Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%.
50. Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
51. Average number of days that a West German goes without washing his underwear: 7.
52. Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80%.
53. Percentage of American women who say they’d marry the same man: 50%.
54. Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400.
55. Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.
56. Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland/Disney World: 70%.
57. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
58. Only President to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy for Profiles in Courage.
59. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
60. The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.