Tag Archives: great
Face it, you hate waking up. You love your bed. Here are 11 ways to make the morning your friend just as much as your comfy covers.
1. Listen To Your Favorite Song As Your Alarm Clock:
Wake up to a pleasing sound and your day will start off on the right foot for sure. No more annoying beeps and buzzes that make you loath the morning.
2. Have Something To Look Forward To:
Either the night before, or earlier, come up with something you can look forward to the next day. No matter how simple it is, from a smile to pay day, make sure there’s something that makes you happy every day.
3. Lay Your Clothes Out The Night Before:
What you decided to wear in the morning is like making the decision of how high your expectations are for the day. Don’t do it when you’re tired and groggy, do it the night before. Lay out clothes that will make you happy during the day or give you a confidence boost. After all, you spend 12 hours a day in your clothes. Wouldn’t it feel nice to have them compliment you all day long?
4. Go To Bed Earlier The Night Before:
Waking up, rolling over and turning off the alarm clock feels so nice when you’re tired. So get to bed earlier. When you wake up feeling refreshed you’ll be happier and ready to seize the day.
5. Have A Happy Visual In Plain Site When You Wake Up:
Whatever your favorite thing is, have it there when you wake up. A picture of your dog, your dream car, rain in the evening, your significant other, or anything that makes you smile. You can change this every once in awhile to wake up to something that makes you happy every day.
6. Drink Water:
A healthy body makes a happy mind. Drinking plenty of water makes sure you’re well hydrated and fluids are running well in your body. If you feel good when you wake up you’ll be happier. Plus, if you’re one of the many that find it difficult to get out of bed, drinking a glass of water before bed makes sure you want to get up.
7. Don’t Eat Before Bed:
Even if you have the late night munchies, try to leave snacks alone. Your body isn’t doing any work as you sleep so the fat will just get stored and make you feel worse the next day. Instead, eat lighter and earlier and you will feel more energetic and happier in the morning.
8. Clear Your Mind Before You Go To Bed:
Stop thinking about the worries of the day. Turn off the television. Unplug. Relax. It feels so much better when you can just lay in bed and sleep without worry. Let the world pass you by for the night and you can wake up feeling renewed.
9. Don’t Stress:
Plan out your morning the night before so you won’t get stuck in traffic or rushing out the door with your shirt untucked and a powerbar half eaten. Make sure you know what you have to do the next morning so that it goes by easily and simply. You will be much happier when you can relax and go through your morning at your own pace.
10. Don’t Drink A Lot Of Caffeine:
It is better not to have a huge energy drink or coffee. Instead drink lots of water and you will feel a thousand times better. Energy drinks, coffee, or tea, the caffeine can be helpful, but don’t rely on it.
11. Let The Sunlight In:
Sunlight gives you energy and invigorates you for the day. If you wake up to a dark room you’re more likely to want to sleep more. So, open your window at night so that when you wake up to sunlight you can hop out of bed with a smile on your face.
Now go own the world.
I want to shift gears from leadership to a pure focus on crafting an exceptional life. Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:
1. Exercise daily.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
5. Keep a journal.
6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.
7. Plan a schedule for your week.
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
9. Say no to distractions.
10. Drink a lot of water.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day.
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
22. Save 10% of your income each month.
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
29. Have 5 great friends.
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news.
35. Be content with what you have.
36. Pursue your dreams.
37. Be authentic.
38. Be passionate.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths.
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient.
45. Don’t give up.
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more.
49. Read “As You Think”.
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well.
52. Be a great teammate.
53. Give no energy to critics.
54. Spend time in the mountains.
55. Know your top 5 values.
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.